Monday 7 May 2012

This Time Forever by Patricia Paris

This Time Forever

This Time Forever by Patricia  Paris

by

5 of 5 stars false


SPOILER ALERT - Sorta...

What a wonderfully written, fun story! I have to say that I really enjoyed this. I'd never read anything by Ms Paris so I had no expectations at all. But I thought it sounded like a good read, so I gave it a try. I'm so glad that I did.

I fell in love with the characters pretty fast. The character of Delaney is an only child, as am I. I found it so easy to identify with her and her reactions, it was uncanny! I can't say that I would have done the same things she did, but I knew where she was coming from. (So that's my spoiler #1). Both she and the leading man were wonderfully written. I found myself laughing at them, being frustrated with them, and sometimes almost crying at the things they did! All of the characters in the book were fun and were the kind of people we all have in our lives.

The story moves along at a nice easy pace, and at no point did it drag along or seem to just wander off the rails. I so enjoyed my time spent in Cedar Cove, I'll go back to visit! The final few chapters of the book are wonderfully written, and there is one chapter, close to the end of the book, that had me laughing out loud. You'll know it when you get to it, because it's just so amusing you can't help but laugh! (That's spoiler #2)

The story is fun, and refreshing, and the characters are marvelous! It's more of a slice of life read, because the situation could very well happen to anyone. If you want an enjoyable read, this is it. As you can tell, my spoilers aren't much of a spoil, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment